Re: Transparent caching

From: Robert Williamson <robbw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 17:40:45 -0800 (PST)

        Is this a linux feature or a function of most operating systems?
I'm wondering how to handle the property-based packet filtering, it sounds
like a kernel level modification, or perhaps through libpcap? I know you
can use libpcap to do property-based packet filtering before the packets
reach the application layer, but can it also selectively remove packets
(ie, intercept and remove from the protocol stack)? It would be an
intriguing experiment, I suspect.

        Cheers,

                Rob