running from inittab

From: James H. Cloos Jr. <cloos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 19:40:16 -0600

A recent post suggested always running from a script (eg RunCache) to
ensure that the proxy stays up, should it tend to crash.

Has anyone tried just putting it in inttab(5) and letting init(8) deal
w/ keeping it up? (I'm presuming a sysv style init(8), of course.)

Were there any difficulties involved? I imagine it dould be better
were squid to fork off as a daemon, and use syslog for error logs....

Proxies seem ideal candidates for such installation. Especially when
they are the only service running on the given box.

-JimC

--
James H. Cloos, Jr.         <URL:http://www.jhcloos.com/~cloos/>
cloos@jhcloos.com           Work: cloos@io.com