3 Questions

From: Bernd Zimmermann <zimmerma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 15:50:40 +0100

Hi,

first I would like to wish a happy new your to all of you !

I'm still using squid 1.0.12, because it works fine.

I have 3 Questions:
1. I'm running a hierarchy with a central parent-cache that serves some
local squid clients. If a user agent sends a request, the responded
object is stored in the parent and the local cache.
For example the absolute ttl of the parent is 60 minutes, the ttl of the
local cache is 30 minutes. If the user agent is asking for the same
object after 45 minutes, the local cache has to request this object from
the parent. Now the point I don't understand:
The parent answers the icp-request to the UDP port with an UDP_MISS (the
access.log says so) the folloing tcp request to the TCP port is answered
with a TCP_HIT. Why is the icp request answered with an UDP_MISS
although the object is still in the parent cache (because the ttl) ?
(If I click RELOAD on the browser, the request is answered with a
UDP_HIT_OBJ.)

2. Why isn't a "refresh"-request (made by cklicking "reload") routed
thru a hierarchy to the original web server ? Why is it answered by the
first parent in this hierarchy ? (I think the logfiles say so.)

3. This question is about the acl. I have to prohibit FTP access from
some clients at the working hours. How to do ?

acl xxx src [ip/netmask ...]
acl wh time [working ours]
acl ftp protocol FTP

http_access xxx wh ftp