Re: 1.1.3 on linux 2.0.27

From: Tom Minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 08:33:20 +1100 (EST)

> I can compile it ok on Linux, but
> it wont run... It fails to start the dns servers, giving
> the error:
> dnsOpenServer: $hello read test failed
>
> Any hints, please?
>
> I am pretty sure I am up-to-date with librarys
> and includes. 1.1.2 worked OK, but I didnt
> compile it, I got the pre-comnpiled version

Worked fine for me. Make absolutely sure that your compiler, libs and
bin-utils are up to date for your kernel version (look in the Documentation
directory of the kernel source for a shopping list).

A trap I fell into was upgrading bin-utils which installed themselves in
/usr/local/bin while the original still lurked in /usr/bin (and were
position in the path before /usr/local/bin).

tom@iacom.com.au