Re: Curious ftp problem with squid 1.1.3

From: Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 22:11:36 -0200 (EDT)

> > So after a couple days of violent debating, I counted the following:
> >
> > text/plain: 1 vote
> > octet-stream: 5 votes
> > both: 1 vote
>
> Hurm, I assumed that everyone would be sensible and set the default
> mime type to be a displayable format. If it's gabage, all the user
> has to do is click 'back' and then hold shift while selecting the
> link, which will then let them save the contents of the link to
> a file. This works on NS and MSIE.

        Well, it seems that it is a bit late to speak, yet I think that text/plain should be the default when there is none.
        Furthermore, isn't there a default mime format builtin the browsers? I mean, when I get a ftp://something/somefile what is the default browser behavior? If there is one, I guess we should stick to it instead.
        Everyone can always push shift on the browser. However, there is no such an alternative for the text files.

        Regards,
                Mario Ferreira.

-----
System Administrator - SysAdm@gns.com.br
GNS - Global Network Solutions Tec. ltda
http://www.gns.com.br/
-----