Re: Curious ftp problem with squid 1.1.3

From: <carson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 20:35:52 -0500

>>>>> "Mario" == Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@GNS.com.br> writes:

Mario> Well, it seems that it is a bit late to speak, yet I think that
Mario> text/plain should be the default when there is none. Furthermore,
Mario> isn't there a default mime format builtin the browsers? I mean, when
Mario> I get a ftp://something/somefile what is the default browser
Mario> behavior? If there is one, I guess we should stick to it instead.
Mario> Everyone can always push shift on the browser. However, there is no
Mario> such an alternative for the text files.

<sigh> Unfortunately, even when saving to disk, some browsers seem to pay
attention to the MIME type, and barf on "text/plain" files that contain
arbitrary characters. Or at least that's the gist I got from the discussion.

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson@cs.columbia.edu carson@lehman.com
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.html