Re: refresh_pattern, searching for more extensions

From: Ed Knowles <ed@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 12:42:18 -0400

G'day All!

To make objects remain fresh for longer, you need to make the refresh_pattern
min setting > 0. I suspect that just having max as a large number will not have
the effect that you desire.

See 'Refresh Rules and If-Modified-Since' of Release-Notes-1.1.txt for more
information.

The Logfile Analysis Scripts from the Squid homepage give a summary count for
the following types:

Image
HTML
Directory
Other
Lookup
Bundle
Applet
Text
SHTML
Movie
Executable
Query
Audio
Software
PostScript
PDF
VRML

Later
Ed

--
Ed Knowles aka Jasper				   Phone : +61 2 9385 4962
E-mail: ed@fatboy.geog.unsw.edu.au	           Fax   : +61 2 9313 7878