intercepting caches

From: Paul A Vixie <paul@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:08:10 -0800

Warning. This message has commercial content. If you don't think the
<squid-users@nlanr.net> list ought to have commercial messages on it,
you should not read this message. Hit "D" now.

> I currently use a firewall that denies all IP Forwarding for port
> 80. This requires them to use the cache, otherwise they will not get any
> information.

This is typical.

> What I would like to do, is somehow have squid catch all
> forwarding requests on port 80 and redirect it to itself. I don't mean
> the HTTP acceleration mode, but for outgoing requests. If anyone knows
> how to do this, I would be eternally grateful for a response. Thanks in
> advance.

It's a product. Contact sverker@mirror-image.com for details on it.
(It was developed by Vixie Enterprises and is sold by Mirror Image.)