Never-stale Cache?

From: Christian A. Jung <nexon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:37:18 +0100

Hi,

I use squid as a small proxy inside our company. It works just to hold
several very often visited sites in the cache - saving connect-time.

I would like the cache to be NEVER STALE...or maybe after 9 Months.
My best try so far is a refresh-pattern like:

refresh_pattern . 500000 100% 500000

Urks...not ever near to a good idea I think...

Is there a way to get a never stale cache??? The shown configuration
deleted a big part of the cache just a few weeks after installation.
I want the files to stay untouched.

Thanks,
Christian