Re: Squid and MS

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 12:48:44 +0200 (GMT)

Greg Mallett wrote:

> Is it me or is there something funny going on with the Microsoft site.
> Whenever I connect to the MS site, I get a *Connection reset by peer*
> message. On reloading it usually comes through just fine.

I can confirm this - we have had numerous complaints about it...

We don't cache anything with ".asp" in it, so microsoft's home page isn't
cached at all, yet we still get these. Is squid perchance keeping the
fact that a connection failed previously in it's cache for the "minimum"
time it is supposed to cache pages?

(The SABC (originator of the original message) gets their link through us,
but are not using us as a parent or a neighbor... so it's not that our
caches are serving messed pages to them.)

        Oskar

'experience made art, but inexperience luck.'