Re: Simple PERL script to generate 3D hierarchy map

From: Nico Tranquilli <nico@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:04:28 +0100 (MET)

You, squid-users-request@nlanr.net, wrote:

> Mr/Mz nico@cineca.it (Nico Tranquilli) wrote:

> nico> Great, but even though the squid.conf analysis is correct (reports right
> nico> parents and siblings) the created vrml doesn't contain any relationship !?!
> nico> I'm using perl 5.001 and squid 1.1.x

> Is there any line between localhost and sibling (or parent)?
> Sorry, I can't find such a problems.

> I made a sample VRML file from a simple squid.conf.
> http://jo.nemoto.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/~matsui/3Dhierarchy/

> What a difference between your squid.conf and that simple squid.conf ?

I think the program gets confused by the cache_host_domain and
neighbor_type_domain options in the squid.conf. I had to remove them in order
to get a correct vrml. I think you may want to use also the neighbor type domain
to calculate the relationships.

Regards,
Nico

--
Nico Tranquilli
CINECA - Interuniversity Computing Centre