Re: Squid wo DNS How do you specify local hosts

From: Gudbjorn Hreinsson <gsh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 13:21:13 +0000

> We do not run an internal DNS Server, so our hosts are all resolved
> by /etc/hosts. So we don't have an internal domainname, which I
> could enter in the inside_firewall tags in squid.conf.

Is it truly resolving using the /etc/hosts file? There was a problem
with the 9.0x HP-UX which made the OS always try to use a DNS server.
There is a fix at the HP site.

This could of course be a config error - maybe you could send your
config and check your logs for errors...

Regards,

Gudbjorn Hreinsson
Skima ehf.
ICELAND