Re: Finding Neighbours

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 14:17:58 +0000

On Fri 31 Jan, 1997, David Entwistle <sooty@catimage.co.uk> wrote:
>I have setup squid behind a firewall, and would now like to find out who
>my neighbours are! Is there a uk list (or worldwide?) of squids
>anywhere, and how do I go about requesting to be a neighbour? I assume
>one must ask permission before one includes the site as a
>neighbour/parent.

It's always a good idea to talk to your ISP. You don't say
who that is, in this instance, so we can't really advise. It
does look like it might be PLAnet, in which case I'm sure Nigel
will be along shortly to advise...

(The same advice goes for anyone, really. Most of us, certainly in
the UK, are running Squid in some form or another, but you *do*
need to speak to us soon if you don't want some configuration change
or other to cause problems for us and you!)

-- jrg.