some servers (M$ ) have problems with proxy

From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 17:39:32 +0100 (MET)

One purpose of installing the squid cache/proxy server was to
allow a colleague sitting at e WinNT4.0 box in my local 192.168.1
network allow to do some registration at M$.

Everything went fine up to a certain point when MSIE3.01 failed to
get a certain URL:443 (was the error).

We called up M$ in Ireland and they told us - they seemed to know about
their problems with proxies (BTW, netscape could retrieve the URL
over squid either) - to use a different port.

Now I'm stuck. What port do they mean? I have

192.168.1.1 3128

in the proxy entry of the WinNT MSIE3.0 which seemed to work fine so far with
everything else. It just seems that it cannot get certain URLS.