Re: BROWSE and OPTIONS methods

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:00:29 -0800 (GMT+8)

Hello,

Marcus Altman wrote:
> The US site is run by AOL and they use a Web server called NaviPress (or
> they sometimes refer to it as AOLpress). We use the NaviPress client for
> updating our pages but there are two http methods that are used that are
> not recognised by Squid, BROWSE and OPTIONS.
>
> I've had a quick look at the squid source code and these methods are not
> listed in the urlParseMethod call in url.c. Is it just a matter of adding
> these methods here, or is there something else I should be aware of?

BROWSE isn't defined in HTTP/1.1 (RFC 2068) so I suppose Squid should
just pass it thru. An AOL invention perhaps?

OPTIONS is defined, but so far isn't in common use. Does NaviPress's
usage conform to the RFC?

In any case perhaps putting pass-through support for unknown methods
would be useful.

Regards,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>              |  pgp key id: 0x43F0D011