BROWSE and OPTIONS methods

From: Marcus Altman <marcus@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:31:18 +0900

Hi all,

We've been using Squid 1.1.5 successfully for a few weeks.

We have a Web site setup in the US to allow fast access for our US and
European customers, rather than them having to get through to Australia
(usually quite a slow link).

The US site is run by AOL and they use a Web server called NaviPress (or
they sometimes refer to it as AOLpress). We use the NaviPress client for
updating our pages but there are two http methods that are used that are
not recognised by Squid, BROWSE and OPTIONS.

I've had a quick look at the squid source code and these methods are not
listed in the urlParseMethod call in url.c. Is it just a matter of adding
these methods here, or is there something else I should be aware of?

We have had no problems using NaviPress with the CERN proxy.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus.

Marcus Altman
Software Manager