Using Squid to route around network routing problems

From: Eric Wieling <eric@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:22:12 -0600 (CST)

Our provider, SprintLink, has been having problem after problem with
their network lately. (Usually at the most inconvient times 8-).

However, we don't usually lose connectivity to one of our Partner
ISP's, who's provider is MCI.

(Basically we get routed via Stockton, Chicago, or NYC to get to many
sites, but Sprint and MCI have a private connection between their
networks, so when there is an outage at one of the NAPS, we can still
get to the MCI network)

Is there a way to have Squid fetch objects directly from the source,
unless Squid cannot connect to the source. If Squid cannot fetch the
object directly from the source, then attempt to fetch it from
another Squid Cache?

--Eric

--
Eric Wieling (eric@ccti.net), Corporate Communications Technology