Re: Accel forwarding and cgi's?

From: Kolics Bertold, University of Veszprem <bertold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:45:02 +0100 (MET)

Hi,
> We've set up a situation where we want to use squid to cache
> for us, but not things like cgi-bin/mhtml/shtml/php . However, it seems
> that when a request for a CGI is processed, its getting passed to the server
> and not passing the information about REMOTE_HOST and such correctly. Am
> I missing something?
I have tested it. We use a Squid-1.1.5 at our campus (proxy.vein.hu) and a
parent using Squid-1.1.4 (helka.iif.hu) and I tested a URL that is
retrieved thru these two proxies.
The result of the test-cgi script which is part of the Apache distribution
is as follows:

CGI/1.0 test script report:

argc is 0. argv is .

SERVER_SOFTWARE = Apache/1.1.3
SERVER_NAME = helka.iif.hu
GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI/1.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.0
SERVER_PORT = 8080
REQUEST_METHOD = GET
HTTP_ACCEPT = image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
PATH_INFO =
PATH_TRANSLATED =
SCRIPT_NAME = /cgi-bin/test-cgi
QUERY_STRING =
REMOTE_HOST = proxy.vein.hu
REMOTE_ADDR = 193.6.32.125
REMOTE_USER =
AUTH_TYPE =
CONTENT_TYPE =
CONTENT_LENGTH =

Of course, the remote host variable is set to the settings of the child
cache, but this is normal.

> The other issue I see is with .htaccess protected files. How does
> the system handle those?
These are proxied but not cached.

Yours,
Bertold