Socks and lsocks question

From: Alberto de Poo Bas <adepoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 13:58:43 -0600 (CST)

I see that Squid can compile with a socks library. Can this help in my
situation?

I have a Windows proxy with http proxy port at 3128 and socks port 1080,
but no have access for the ftp proxy port the same as http port, and it
works in diferent way, so I can't put http proxy 3128 and ask for ftp
objects. With this library can I put this parent cache as port 1080 and
then all objects will get by the socks port?

Maybe this is not clear, sorry for my english.

Thanks.

Al