Re: POLL or SELECT

From: Yoshiaki Kasahara <kasahara@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 16:30:29 +0900

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997 15:10:03 +1100,
        Anthony Baxter <arb@connect.com.au> said:

> add the following to /etc/system, and reboot:
>
> set rlim_fd_max=0x1000
> set rlim_fd_cur=0x1000

Thank you very much.

By the way, is there any documentation about compile time options in
src/Makefile ?

HOST_OPT = # -DCACHEMGR_HOSTNAME="getfullhostname()"
AUTH_OPT = # -DUSE_PROXY_AUTH=1
LOG_HDRS_OPT = # -DLOG_FULL_HEADERS=1
ICMP_OPT = -DUSE_ICMP=1
DELAY_HACK = # -DDELAY_HACK=1
USERAGENT_OPT = # -DUSE_USERAGENT_LOG=1
KILL_PARENT_OPT = # -DKILL_PARENT_OPT
USE_POLL_OPT = -DUSE_POLL
ANON_OPT = # -DUSE_ANONYMIZER

Maybe most of them are not meaningful for ordinary circumstance, but I
want to know when they are useful and how to use them.

I checked FAQ and found some of them (oops, USE_POLL stuff is
mentioned in FAQ... sorry for my lame question), but I have totally no
idea about DELAY_HACK, KILL_PARENT_OPT, etc...

--
Yoshiaki Kasahara
KITE Network Operation Center, Computer Center, Kyushu University