Re: Makeing squid smart

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 08:38:59 +0200 (GMT)

Kenny Elliott wrote:

> I have something I'd like to do with squid and I thought someone be able
> to tell me if it's possible and how to get started. What I would like to
> do is once someone has requested a page through the cache have squid
> follow the links on that page by itself (I think going one level would be
> fine. I think that this would give me a pretty good chance of already
> having in the cache where the user is going next. Suggestions?
So if I go to "ftp://ftp.is.co.za/tucows" it will download a Gig of files?

All one level deep...

If I go to "http://www.is.co.za/resources/ftpsite/tucows/htmlbeginner95.html"
it will download 75Megs?

I think that this seems attractive, but will probably just quadruple your
bandwodth usage.

        Oskar

'experience made art, but inexperience luck.'