Re: "ftp://user@yourmachine" vs "ftp://user@yourmachine/"

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 22:48:51 +0100

Unfortunately at least Netscape removes leading ../../../ in a URL
(probably in a attempt to resolve relative URLs). (or I got the
imression that Netscape does remove leading ../... I haven't tried this
in a long time now.)

And as I said. Squid most likely requires some cleanup in the FTP URL
parsing.

ftp://somehost/%2f

should give you the root, if it is a UNIX system (or understands CWD /)
but I am not sure that Squid can do this without great trouble. Probably
all links from the resulting page is wrong, and possibly it may even
fail (I don't have any squid nearby to test this on)

---
Henrik Nordström