Re: FTP type proposed solution..

From: Henrik Nordstrom <>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 23:08:48 +0100

One more quote from the RFC: (I don't think this is implemented in Squid

3.2.2. FTP url-path

   The url-path of a FTP URL has the following syntax:

   Where <cwd1> through <cwdN> and <name> are (possibly encoded) strings
   and <typecode> is one of the characters "a", "i", or "d". The part
   empty. The whole url-path may be omitted, including the "/"
   delimiting it from the prefix containing user, password, host, and

The typecode is the type of transfer done in FTP.
i = IMAGE (binary)

Henrik Nordström