Re: FTP type proposed solution..

From: Kai Bartels <KBartels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:27:31 +0100 (MET)

Hi.

At first I've to admit that I didn't follow this discussion, so if this
thought has already been beaten down ...

Nigel:
> Nice, simple and elegant, although not fool-proof.
>
> Incidently the test should be for high bit characters or null bytes.

Why not using the mechanism the *NIX-command "file" uses? All this
detection-sruff has already been done there. So it seems to me the wheel
has been invented some time ago. :^)

greetings, Kai

--
Kai Bartels   *   R&D   *    KBartels@picture-safe.de   *   +49 511 28393-50
picture/safe MEDIA/DATA/BANK GmbH   *  Seelhorststr. 44  *  D-30175 Hannover