(nearly) simultaneous access behavior

From: Bob Izenberg <bei@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:13:13 -0600 (CST)

Environment: Squid 1.1.6 under Solaris 2.5.1 , Netscape 3.0.1 gold.
Two browsers go to the same page a few seconds apart. One image
is large enough, and the link is slow enough, to cause the image
to take a few seconds to retrieve. The first browser retrieves
half of the image and stalls... No problem. The second browser
receives the partial image and calls it "done." (I did this to
reproduce a customer-reported problem on two separate workstations,
but I tried it with two browsers on the same workstation.) A
reload gets the full image when the first browser has completed
retrieving/displaying the image. Squid bug, Netscape bug, config
error or "just bad luck"?

Bob

--
 ================  "We make the Internet work."  ================
   bob izenberg                          phone: +1 512 306-0700