Re: Memory usage Squid ... or how to limit it...

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 15:27:57 +0200 (GMT)

> What we do here is using a simple shellscript, ugly but
> effective:
The reason squid is growing so big is that someone is probably downloading
a large file (there are some memory leaks, but most of the growth is because
someone is downloading a large file).

If I download a 100 meg file, my squid increases in size by at least 100 megs.

Your script says - "hang on, this is too big" and kills it. They lose the
file they have been downloading.

Squid NOVM does what you want. It keeps 100 megs on disk instead of
Ram.

        Oskar

'experience made art, but inexperience luck.'