Re: ERR_CLIENT_ABORT

From: Natchu Vishnu Priya <vishnu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 04:29:16 +0530 (IST)

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Stefan Watermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just seen many of the following messages in the cache.log
> file of squid-1.1.8:

> 97/03/07 23:28:10| ERR_CLIENT_ABORT: http://www.heise.de/ct/art_ab97/9703284/
> 97/03/07 23:28:11| ERR_CLIENT_ABORT: http://www.heise.de/ct/treiber/
means your client (browser - user :) aborted that particular request while
it was loading it. Well the proxy server does not get slowed down bcos of
this... but when it is slow you are likely to see a lot of CLIENT aborts..
esp of image files inlaid in a html document.

> It seems, that the system becomes very slow the more of such messages
> occur in the log file. Sometimes squid does'nt respond to any request
> anymore so I have to restart squid.
what is your system and what kind of load does it handle?