Re: Cache Access Denied

From: Jon Peatfield <J.S.Peatfield@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:32:07 +0000

> > Every now and then I get an error:
> >
> > Cache Access Denied
> I aa using Squid 1.1.3 and am getting this problem almost every time a
> user requests a page.
> Does anyone know which version of Squid is the most bug free to use?

We havmn't seen any of these problems with 1.1.5 but we do occasionally get
them from some of our neighbors (running various versions). I have a feeling
that it may be related to the ACLs in use.

In the case of a neighbor, if you arn't allowed to request misses (they have
miss_access ACLs set), they may have the page when you ICP to them, but may
have dropped it by the time you actually request it, so you get a denied.
This is more likely on very busy caches.

This doesn't explain why one would see it from your own cache (unless you
arn't allowed to use it for misses which is silly).

In theee case where it is generated by your own cache, what is logged (in all
the logs) at or near the time of the request?

 -- Jon