Re: virus scanning by squid?

From: Peter Lister <P.Lister@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 97 12:41:08 +0000

Peter Marelas wrote:
> I agree with you, squid needs to become modular. Alot like the modular
> capabilities of apache. This will allow other developers to write plug-ins
> without having to know the ins and outs of the src tree.

Modular squid would also permit the interesting idea of building much
of Squid's functionality into an Apache module. There is a proxy
module with Apache; although most of Apache seems quite well written,
I'm wondering why one would use that as opposed Squid - the only
reason I can think of is "less software to run and look after".

Although I'm a big Squid fan, I don't particularly enjoy coping with
the differences between Squid and Apache configuration. I'd be
*really* happy if I could combine the functionality with tcl.

Peter Lister Email: p.lister@cranfield.ac.uk
Computer Centre, Cranfield University Voice: +44 1234 754200 ext 2828
Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0AL UK Fax: +44 1234 751814
   The more we look at structures of trust, the more we realise that
   democracy and subversion are closely related. (Ross Anderson)