Re: what conf for central proxy-only squid ?

From: Richard Blanchet <Richard.Blanchet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 11:33:48 +0100

On Mar 12, 9:38am, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> Subject: Re: what conf for central proxy-only squid ?
> On Tuesday 11 March 97, at 23 h 6, the keyboard of "Richard Blanchet"
> <Richard.Blanchet@renault.fr> wrote:
>
> > But now we would like to get our central squid proxy connected to the
outside
> > world doing only proxy job without any cache (as the inside squids do
that).

> Well, a central cache (not only proxy) is useful, too.

  I agree... but we set up a well internal cached proxy conf using icp synchro
on fast ethernet links, we are also short of disk space on the central machine,
and morever it just adds delay on users queries... that last point is my main
problem today.

> > I went through squid.conf, docs, FAQ and users-digests but I was unable
> > find any piece of information about that.
>
> The best solution seems to set cache_swap to zero (or to use strict
> refresh_pattern).

  I tried the 0 swap_cache conf... it gets errors when playing with
mem_cache/disk_cache, and it still does query on cache keeping the same delay
problem on queries, no ?

  Would you give more detail about your strict refresh_pattern idea ?...
I checked the docs and code but I can't figure out how to use this pattern to
supress caching...

Richard

--
"You may say I'm a dreamer,... but I'm not the only one..."     J.L.