Re: Squid vs Apache

From: Bruce R. Lewis <brlewis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:38:06 GMT

   Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 16:31:52 -0500
   From: Bill Benedetto <benedetw@camelotmusic.com>

   But Apache does caching as well. Or are you saying that Apache's
   caching is inferior to Squid's? And what else would you write?
   Is there an online source that I might refer to? (If you don't
   want to waste bandwidth you can just email directly...)

I'm cc'ing the squid-users list because they should know where to point
people with this question as well.

The squid cache is based on the Harvest cache. Although squid has made
several further optimizations, the basic principles that make it an
order of magnitude faster than the CERN cache and other popular Internet
caches have not changed.

Just look at the first paragraph of the following page:

http://harvest.transarc.com/afs/transarc.com/public/trg/Harvest/user-manual/node115.html