Re: squid-1.NOVM.8

From: Stephen R. van den Berg <srb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 18:46:12 +0100

"Kolics Bertold, University of Veszprem" <bertold@tohotom.vein.hu> wrote:
>On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
>> Does the following status report look normal? Seems like an awful
>> lot of files being open:

>Yes, that's normal. The NOVM version does not store any objects in virtual
>memory ...

You're missing the point (I think)...

1. There are these strange (dead) ftp sessions that tie up a filedescriptor.
2. There are far more files open than there are network sessions (I thought
   that practically every open file had to correspond to one network
   socket).

--
Sincerely,                                                          srb@cuci.nl
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).