Does Squid support transparent proxy?

From: Brian Rankin <brankin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 09:28:18 -0800 (PST)

I have a Linux box on my gateway that I'd like to configure as a
transparent proxy using Squid. That is: all outbound packets on port 80
would be redirected to Squid, which would make the actual http request
then return the results directly to the browser which requested the web page.
On my large network, that would help to provide cache services to a
multitude of different browsers.

I can redirect the packets to squid; but will squid support this? If so,
could someone point me to documentation of that ability?

Sincerely,

Brian Rankin