Re: More Broken DNS?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:10:17 +0100

I think that you should keep at least one dnsserver. Blocking DNS
lookups can block squid for a very long time (possibly 30 seconds or
something similar) and during this time EVERYTHING (not only DNS
requests) stands still.

And as you saw, running squid without dnsserver is not tested in any way
(no reason you would do that, unless dnsserver fails to work in which
case Squid probably fails as well..).

---
Henrik Nordström