Re: cannot use multicast ICP

From: Martin Hamilton <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:35:16 +0000

Kenichi MATSUI/ =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPj4wZjdyMGwbKEI=?= writes:

| We modified the kernel of the machine, so now we can get multicasted
| packets on that machine.(We checked about this with "sdr", "netstat")

Great!

| But, the squid(1.1.8) which compiled at the machine cannot get
| multicasted ICP request. There are no logging of requests through
| multicast group.
|
| What should I do? Should I modify "configure" or "Makefile"?

The compilation should pick up automatically on whether your system is
multicast capable from the headers. Could you check that the
multicast bits have been added to the headers - eg. is there a line
in /usr/include/netinet/in.h which refers to IP_MULTICAST_TTL ?

If using gcc, you might need to re-run fixincludes...

Cheerio,

Martin