Re: Squid cache and HPUX LVM anyone ?

From: Robert Thomas <rob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 17:51:36 +1000

At 08:38 AM 2/4/97 METDST, you wrote:
>Hi list
>
>thinking to enlarge our squid cache size, I plan to use
>the hpux LVM facility to manage the cache disk space.
>anyone has experience with ?

(CC'ed to squid-users)

As I mentioned earlier on this list, I would have to say that HP's LVM's
are the easiest, and most intuative of all disk managing tools. In
your case, I would set up a -very- large directory structure, which
will cater to your future expansion. When you buy some more disks, you
just need to add it to the volume group, and with sam, select 'actions' and
then 'enlarge file system' -- it'll do all the work for you.. It does
need to unmount the file system, however, so you will need to stop squid
from running. It would also be unwise to put anything else on the
file system.

                                        --Rob