Re: Netscape Proxy

From: David Richards <dj.richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 08:31:02 +1000 (EST)

David,

        Yes I have used both of these servers, and to tell you the truth,
Netscape does not even compare. Netscape is "nice", it has a fancy HTML
interface that makes customisation easy, but it won't allow
peering/parenting/child process. It does not support ICP and the amount
you can customise it is very limiting. On the plus side it makes access
control very easy.

        Squid far surpasses Netscape as a Proxy-Cache. It will handle
very large amounts of traffic, very well. It is far better.

        Anyway, that was "my two cents"

        Dave.