Re: Operation already in progress

From: Gerd Magerhans <gerd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 14:50:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Oskar Pearson wrote:

> Hi
>
> > since I upgraded to 1.1.6 (now running 1.1.9) I sometimes get this error:
> > >The following error was encountered:
> > > Connection Failed
> > >The system returned:
> > > (114) Operation already in progress
> > >This means that:
> > > The remote site or server may be down. Please try again soon.
> >
> > What does this mean and why is is it happening?

I got this error message sometimes when I requested
a document from a server which was down.

If I abort the request, squid still keeps trying to
retrieve the document (see "quick_abort" in squid.conf)
and if I request the same document again I get the
error massage above.

So I thinks it's not a bug --- it's a feature:)

bye
    Gerd

--
Gerd.Magerhans@fulda.net   \\  NCC GmbH Fulda, Germany