Re: Multiple Cach-Dirs/Diff Size

From: Mark Visser <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 21:16:44 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Hi,
> i am running squid 1.1.9 with 2 CacheDirs (800Mb / 600MB). I have the
> problem that on restart squid is unable to store the logfile on first
> cache-dir as this one is full up to 4MB but the other has plenty of space
> (300MB). I thought i have seen a config directive where i can set the
> individual size of each swap_dir but i cant find anything of that.
> What may i do to prevent a slow-rebuild on restart due to log dir
> loss on exit ?

You already gave an answer yourself.
You have enough space in another dir, so place the logfile over there:

# TAG: cache_swap_log
# Location for the cache "swap log." This log file holds the
# metadata of objects saved on disk. It is used to rebuild the
# cache during startup. Normally this file resides in the first
# 'cache_dir' directory, but you may specify an alternate
# pathname here. Note you must give a full filename, not just
# a directory.
#
#cache_swap_log

So make this /i/have/enough/room/here/log

And you won't have slow restarts if there's enough room free.
Ideally you place the log file never in de cache dir itself. One mistake
and it will be removed. Better name it good and place it somewhere else.
But still...some people don't think before they rm ;-)

Mark

Mark Visser | Student Civiele Technologie & Management
Calslaan 26 - 31 | E-mail: mark@cal026031.student.utwente.nl
7522 MC Enschede | SNT-mail: mark@snt.student.utwente.nl
Telephone: 053-4895038 |
Warning: You can get rid of all the bugs by disabling them from the main menu.