Re: FTP Client Question

From: Graham Toal <gtoal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:35:48 -0500 (CDT)

> Sorry to barge in, but I was wondering if there is a Winsock FTP client
> that can use Squid as a Proxy/Firewall.
>
> I setup a firewall with Squid 1.1.9, Linux 2.0.30, and two network cards.
> The customer doesn't want to use his Web Browser for his FTP client. So,
> is there a way to get a stand-alone Winsock FTP client to use Squid fot
> it's "firewall"?

No. Install socks5 on the linux. Or be creative with the Linux transparent
proxy ip filtering redirector. Socks is the easiest though. Actually what
I use myself at home is the TIS firewall ftp proxy which is an application
relay. Several of the PC and Mac FTP clients make iuse of such a gateway
server almost completely transparent.