Separating FTP traffic from HTTP

From: Ramesh Gopal <rgopalkr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 16:14:22 +0800

Can I configure a browser to use different port numbers for HTTP and FTP?
I'd like to do this for a customer who uses Squid, and the purpose of the
exercise is to proxy the HTTP and FTP traffic using different servers, i.e.
HTTP traffic on one server, FTP on another. This traffic engineering
exercise is aimed at allowing the HTTP proxy servers to work at full speed,
unencumbered by FTP sessions (which tend to take up relatively larger
amounts of CPU and memory resources). Thanks!

Cheers!

Ramesh Gopal
Cisco Systems Malaysia
     Tel: 60-3-2928398 (Ext 122)