Re: Separating FTP traffic from HTTP

From: Stefan Berg <s93sbe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 08:12:44 +0100

Hi,

Richard Munro writes:

> All communicate via port 8080, but this allows me to run everything on
> one server or multiple servers.
>
> Having said that, I am currently using two full proxy servers and am
> using two CNAMES entries in the DNS to load balance them.

My question is: does the DNS system automatically spread load between
the two different CNAMES (especially in Solaris), or do you have
to manually instruct it to do so? I thought that the two CNAMES are
used by the clients in sequential order?

/Stefan

     Stefan Berg
     Computing Science Student
     University of Uppsala, Sweden.