Parents and children

From: Ian Harris <iharris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 13:51:46 +1000 (EST)

Hi,
I've having fun and games getting two 1.0.22 squids talking. I've set one
of them up as a parent - and it certainly gets UDP_MISS entries in the
access log, but then the hierachy log of the child says that it went
DIRECT to get the page. I would have thought that would be more like what
sibling-sibling would do (ie, check if the sibling has it, if not, go get
it direct). What I'd like it to do is for the parent to request the page
on the child's behalf - or have I mistaken Squid's capabilities?

Thanks,
Ian.