Re: Problem with uploads...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 14:39:13 +0200

Richard Munro wrote:

> In the absence of the feature, is there any way to set up the configuration
> file to just pass through an upload?

Maybe, but I am not sure exactly how.. but lets see.

FTP upload is done with the PUT method.

passthrought_proxy can be used to forse all non GET requests througt a
specified proxy.

So if you have another proxy that is capable of handling all POST and
PUT request, including PUT ftp://... then it should be possible to
forward all such requests to that proxy by using
passthrought_proxy server:port

I don't think it is possible to only send PUT ftp:// request to this
host, but you might try adding the host as a sibling and set
cache_host_acl to only allow PUT FTP request (don't forget to
changepassthought_proxy to refer to the cache_host entry).

If you are inside_firewall, then it should be possible to use
cache_host_acl lines to set up a separate parent that receives all PUT
FTP requests (deny PUT FTP requests for all parents that can't handle
it, and deny all else on the PUT FTP proxy "parent").

Disclaimer: I have never tried a setup like this. I am merely gessing
what the behaviour would be.... read the squid.conf notes carefully.

---
Henrik Nordström