Re: coders

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:00:00 +0200

This can be argued. In most cases where you have to use a proxy, you
simply have to to get to the internet (firewalling + networking
restrictions).

If your are not forced to use a proxy to get to the internet, but are to
gain the added speed by caching, then there is perhaps no reason to use
the proxy at all for FTP, since FTP proxying adds a very large overhead
compared with plain HTTP, and the cache ratio for FTP tends to be quite
low..

---
Henrik Nordström