Re: Multiple hosts defined for Accelerator???

From: SO Kwok Tsun <ktso@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 15:41:34 +0800 (WST)

According to TBRIGLIA.US.ORACLE.COM's mail...

> Hello,
>
> A quick question. I just implemented 2 additional Virtual Hosts on my system
> that is running a Squid accelerator.
>
> I would like to add these two hosts to the accelerator options. There is a
> comment though in the squid.conf file that says "If you want virtual host
> support then specify the hostname as "virtual". Does anyone know what this
> means?
>
> My original squid.conf file had the one line;
>
> httpd_accel testcenter.us.oracle.com 81
>

> To add virtual host support for the other two virtual interfaces, would I just
> add additional lines like;
>

> httpd_accel testcenter.us.oracle.com 81
> httpd_accel tapecut.us.oracle.com 81
> httpd_accel dbas.us.oracle.com 81
>
> Do I need to specify them as "virtual" like the conf file says? What is the
> syntax to do this??

I have not tried it but it probably works. Correct me if I'm wrong:

httpd_accel virtual 81

There is an assumption that the virtual hosting is based on different ip
addresses.

By the way, it is possible to use httpd_accel_uses_host_header plus
redirector to perform virtual hosting based on Host MIME header.
However, it's still a good idea if we can configure using multiple
httpd_accel lines like the following in the future:

httpd_accel foo1.com 80 host=foo2.com
httpd_accel foo3.com 81 host=foo3.com

So K T, CUHK