Re: URL_REGEX case insensitive?

From: Cefiar <cefiar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:55:51 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Craig Sanders wrote:

> note, this wont work. sure, it'll block out sites with XXX in the URL
> but it wont block out all the porno sites. it will also block out
> sites which have nothing to do with porn but which happen to have
> 'xxx' in the url.
>
> blocking out all porno sites is essentially impossible. unless you want
> to spend about 48 hours per day keeping track of every new site on the net
> you just cant do it.

What would be useful for this is possibly making a utility to scan news
messages for url's and removing those (using the util to scan newsgroups
like alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.whatever). However I think you'd run
into ACL lists that are so long squid slows down to a crawl. *IS* there a
limit on the amount of ACL lists squid has?

Mebbe someone could even run such a util and provide a service by allowing
people to download the list once a week or fortnight or whatever...??

| http://amarok.glasswings.com.au/ | cefiar@amarok.glasswings.com.au |
| Jake and Elwood - The Blues Brothers! |
| "You traded it?! You traded the Blues Mobile for this?" |
| "No. For a microphone." "A microphone? OK I can see that." |