Re: Squid listening to multiple ports?

From: Cefiar <cefiar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:01:58 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Henny Bekker wrote:

> It works wonderfull.. I've adapted the patch for Squid v1.1.10 and
> it's running like a charm..

Any chance of the updated patch making it either to the authors or the
list? I'd much like this sort of thing myself!

I see this as useful for giving different services to different ports, and
then if for some reason I want to use a different proxy cache (god
forbid!) I'd simply run it on the port I specified earlier, and tell squid
not to listen to it anymore! (In particular, I'm thinking of this in place
of the FTP proxy, by running a fully fledged FTP proxy that accepts ftp
and http requests).

| http://amarok.glasswings.com.au/ | cefiar@amarok.glasswings.com.au |
| Jake and Elwood - The Blues Brothers! |
| "You traded it?! You traded the Blues Mobile for this?" |
| "No. For a microphone." "A microphone? OK I can see that." |