Re: "You are not currently allowed..."

From: Balint Nagy Endre <bne@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 19:25:18 +0200 (MET DST)

> Hello,
>
> We run squid 1.1.9 and *sometimes* for some pages our users
> get the following message from the neighbour squid cache:
>
> Error
>
> Access Denied
>
> Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request
>
> http://www.inso.com/consumer/qvp/qvpcap16.htm
>
> >From this cache. Please check with the cache administrator if you
> believe this is incorrect.
>

> Generated by squid/1.NOVM.9@cache.bme.hu
>
> In the access logfile one can find:
>
> 862406324.961 164 mg.kfki.hu TCP_MISS/400 483 GET
> http://www.inso.com/consumer/qvp/qvpcap16.htm - SIBLING_HIT/cache.bme.hu text/html
>
> It can occur for the most common pages as well (Alta Vista)!
>
> What's wrong here? Or at the neighbour cache?
> Can I somehow force our squid not to accept the refusal and to try to
> fetch the page directly from the source?
>
> Thank you,
> Jozsef Kadlecsik
the icp_access configured on cache.bme.hu isn't in sync with
http_access and miss_access, or a hit was turned into a miss between
the ICP query and the HTTP request - but that isn't too probable.
Contact the cache administrator to ensure the configuration is semantically correct.
If the configuration is correct, then check the time gap between the ICP and HTTP
accesses on the bme's server, wether is it higher than the squid's safety margin (30 secs?)
or not.

Andrew. (Endre "Balint" Nagy) <bne@CareNet.hu>