Remote Authentication

From: David Richards <dj.richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 12:05:51 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

        I just a quick question, I want to build into squid a way to
authenticate with an authentication machine. The typical situation would
be having 2 or 3 squid processes running on different machines and getting
them all to authenticate users via an authentication machine. What I
would like to know is:

        Where do I look in the squid code to implement this. I already
have the code to do this task, so therefor I assume I will just need to
inlcude this codes header file somewhere and replace a function name...is
this right?? I will be using the patch for authentication provided by
Arjan deVet which incorporates acl + proxy_auth.

Thanks,

David Richards Ph: +61 7 3864 4354
Computing Services e-mail: dj.richards@qut.edu.au
Queensland University of Technology